Monday 22 October 2007

Di ..... di ..... di ..... di

Yesterday's rehearsal was rather bereft of tenors. With only six of us (less than half the quota) it was a poor showing. But of course, what we lacked in numbers we made up for in gusto. The "movements" rehearsal found us washing each other's hair as we sang and 'danced' to "I'm gonna wash that man...."
We also sang Karl Jenkins' "Dies Irae" for the first time as a choir - a very interesting piece for the difficulty came in the timing. The tenors seemed to have about 3 notes to sing so that bit was easy but at a fast pace that was more difficult especially in Latin. Also we found ourselves singing di ... di ... di ... ... to everybody else's "dies irae" and this went on for some time. Thankfully our musical leaders decided to cut out big chunks off this - otherwise I might find myself rehearsing this piece at bedtime when I feel insomnia creeping in.
All in all, I think things are moving on steadily. I've managed to speak to a couple of the new altos now. With any luck I might managed to say hello to the rest of the newbies before the end of the season....

No comments: