Monday 23 February 2009

Symphonik Sounds In Malta

I had a chat with Andrew F yesterday about our trip to Malta, and he was telling me about our host choir there called Symphonik (horrible Flash website warning!). They seem to be a relatively new choir, but, obviously being quite young as well they have their Facebook and MySpace pages up and running too. These two pages are of particular interest because they have sample music on it so we can hear them in action. And they are indeed unlike any other choir we have performed with. They appear to be a bit more of a backing chorus, and their performance includes a rock band and solo singers as well. I'm a bit old to classify the music but to me they sound a lot like 80s synth. Everything seems really chirpy and fun, and I'm looking forward to what should be a really interesting juxtaposition of sounds.

No comments: