Friday 12 March 2010

Spam, Spam & More Spam

Bloody hell. I have been rather busy of late, and despite the flurry of activity happening in the Pink Singers at the moment, or more precisely, because of it, haven't really been updating the blog as much as I ought to. As you may be aware if you want to comment on my posts you may certainly do so, but I have to vet any posts first to make sure they are generally laudatory of the choir (hey, editorial priveleges okay?)

Anyway, I logged in thinking I might write a quick post in my coffee break, only to be welcomed by 11 messages. Great I think, more interested readers. Then I realise that every last one of them is trying to sell me chemical enhancements to my sex life. Wow. Is that how I come across?

Yes, I know the real problem is that there are robots out there trawling them web so it is actually very easy to write a program which will fill in these rather straightforward comment boxes. Since CAPTCHA was cracked, even those funny squiggly words are no longer a great hinderance. At least, I am hoping my spam originates from robots. I mean I shudder to think there are armies of poor Chinese people browsing my website entering these comments by hand. And before you say I am racist, half the comments were in Mandarin.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming. And please, comment only if it doesn't involve something called v1Agr@!

No comments: