Monday 14 May 2007

Paleday At The Soho Revue Bar

Met Andrew F, Mladen, Johnathon and his friend at the Yard for drinks a couple of weeks ago for Anthony and Paleday's gig at the Soho Revue Bar. I missed the last time they performed there, but everyone I spoke to said it was a blast.

In fact, the venue is pretty amazing. I'd always wondered what exactly people were queuing up for in between all those shows, and now I know. Small tables, booths, red velvet, candles - and a stage for some of the most eclectic performances ever.

The ones who made the most impact were the Diamond Girls who kicked off the show with a run in one diamond's tights and some moves I am sure we can incorporate into our own routine (Chris and Sally, you know what I'm talkin' about!), and a super singer called Baby Soul something. I tried to track down her MySpace page but couldn't - she was really, really good though. There was also a super cheesy Eurovision-esque performance by some Irish guy who sang far too many songs. He was memorable only because of the completely superfluous dancers in the background.

There was a sigh of relief when Paleday came on. We hit the dance floor and others joined us - in my own frenzy someone gave me a complimentary Paleday T-shirt. Woo hoo! Worryingly enough Andrew F knew the words to all the songs. I can sing a couple myself, "I can dance by myself, I don't need nobody else!"

All in all a superb evening!

No comments: