Monday 16 June 2008

Logos: How Low Can You Go?

I've been working on the Various Voices website of late (there seems to be a never ending flow of things to do there!) and one page I have been tweaking is the sponsors page. Basically, the idea is to put all the logos of the current sponsors of Various Voices up together with a hyperlink to each of their websites. Because of design constraints I have had to force each of the logos to fit into a box 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high, which is really about as low as I can go, and the result is the screenshot you see to the left (click on it for a proper view).

The one thing I noticed is that the Pink Singers logo works marvelously even at this small size. For a semi-amateur logo (although I would never class anything ever created by Dragan as 'amateur') it scales beautifully. Some of the other logos do suffer a bit for having shrunk down, with relatively poor legibility, but the Pinkies logo keeps truckin' on! Indeed, I think it compares favourably with the professional logos of the Southbank Centre and Visit London, and surpasses the Mayor for London logo. Great stuff.

No comments: