Wednesday 6 August 2008

Seeking Out The Pink Insider

Although it purports to be, In The Pink(ies) isn't really a personal blog. For one there are actually multiple Pink Insiders, and any Pinkie is very welcome to contribute if they like, just get in touch with me (if you are a Pink Singer you'll know who I am!) and I will gladly give you access.

When I first started blogging about our choir, there was indeed an ulterior motive - it was to get some kind of informal representation of the Pink Singers out there on the web. We have the website, and we have MySpace and Facebook, but these are official websites, so no matter how much we try to make them more human and approachable, the "official" stance is bound to cut some people off.

I was originally hoping that people would get in touch with the Pink Insider from outside the choir, and if people were looking to see what it was like to be in the Pink Singers, Google would lead them here. This has actually been moderately successful, and I hope that you readers who are not Pinkies realise how great our choir is, partly from what we write here. Leave a comment dammit!

This year has been a little tougher for In The Pink(ies) because of a justified caution about the use of photography in the choir. It has been necessary to resort to stock photography in some cases, or take photos of the usual suspects who don't mind their mugs all over this moderately read blog. You know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! In restrospect, I don't think it has affected the personality of these pages much. As our policy on photography is implemented next season I'm hoping the guidelines will be better defined which would simplify what the Pink Insiders currently do.

If you are a Pinkie and have been reading this blog and think, hey yeah, I could do that, then why don't you? Let me know!

P.S. The picture has nothing to do with the post but it comes from Red Nose Studio and I like it!

No comments: