Sunday 10 August 2008

Gaily Browsing The Future Web

I am a geek. I live in my web browser for 90% of the time I am on my PC, which in turn feels like 90% of my waking hours. It should therefore come as no surprise that I have a deep interest in anything which going to try to make my experience better in the future. Mozilla, the very progressive company which has given us products like the simply awesome Firefox and Prism, is working precisely on that. Together with Adaptive Path, they've come up with a concept of how we might be browsing the internet in the not so distant future.

All four videos are really interesting, and incorporate technologies and interfaces which are wildly different from anything we are seeing today. However, of itself, it is not something which would justify a post here on In The Pink(ies). No, the reason I am bringing it up is that the last video shows a very domesticated gay couple shopping for a birthday present for their niece. It is always suprising when a little gay pride pops up in a place you weren't expecting. The girl's mother even says some very progressive things like, "When you have a family of your own, you will understand."

Isn't Mozilla the coolest company on the planet?

No comments: