Monday 17 November 2008

The Pocket Square

I never intended this blog to become a sartorial guide, but as we approach the concert there is palpable consternation over what to wear, and what our 'formal' concert outfit is. The reality is that pretty much anything is 'formal' as slong as it is clean, black and ironed.

One thing I have noticed in past seasons, however, is the propensity for the guys to pop their pink handkerchiefs into their shirt pockets, or even their jacket breast pockets. In this capacity it is really more a pocket square than a handkerchief, and it would be really rather inappropriate to blow ones's nose into the gorgeous fuschia thai silk fabric anyway.

Of course, thinking that this would be my move this season, I wondered what the rules are on pocket squares - there must be a guide somewhere. Indeed there is and I have found a rather comprehensive one. Get folding!

No comments: