Sunday 1 April 2007

Far Better Than Expected

Well, for all two of you (okay, one of you) waiting with bated breath for my report on this weekend's shenanigans, I have to say that it really was a lot better than I anticipated. For one, the weather was superb, despite my previous misgivings. Have a look at the photo which, hard to believe, shows even better weather than the tourist brochure!

Streatley itself is a lovely rather fancy town - they have their own Bentley dealership for one! But that also means some lovely pubs, amazing riverside walks and proper tea and cakes. We went for a long stroll by the river bank, finally ending up at a pub for a well-earned lunch. The sunshine was so warm several of us (who remain nameless!) fell asleep at the table afterwards.

The evenings were spent playing mah-jong, courtesy of Annie, or Cluedo, courtesy of the youth hostel. But, for me, the pièce de résistance was Liang and his karaoke machine. Keri, Vicki, Liang, Hester and I sang into the wee hours of the morning. We have decided that with her extensive knowledge of showtunes, Keri is actually a gay man.

It was a bit of a shame more people weren't there, but those of us who did go had a fabulous time. I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: