Tuesday 20 February 2007

Beautiful Is Boring?

I went for last orders with Liang last night at our local pub. Unfortunately, I missed the weekend's rehearsal due to familial obligations for Chinese New Year, so he very kindly collected the sheet music for two new songs in this season's repertoire.

The first is a TTBB arrangement of Aquarius for the blokes - had a quick look at it, and it seems the first tenors are in for a bit of a shock having to hit a high C!

The second is an SATB arrangement for the whole choir of Beautiful as originally sung by Christina Aguilera. Not having heard this particular arrangement yet, just looking at the tenor line makes me want to yawn. We seem to have four notes - okay I'm exaggerating a little - but really, as a conceited tenor, I really want to do more than sing backing vocals. And I know several tenors and basses would rather sing lead a la Christina!



That said, I felt the same way about Angels when we first sang it, and now it sounds really great. So what do I know?

No comments: