Wednesday 21 February 2007

What I Love About The Pink Singers

This is probably going to be one of those continuing topics, and I do want to avoid becoming all saccharine about it, so I am going preface this with a realistic comment that, no, I don't love the Pinkies all the time, and in fact, there are times (like present actually) when I find being in a choir frustrating.

But I keep coming back for more.

And here is the (first) reason why: the people. The Pink Singers are a purely voluntary group, no-one is in it for gain, yet there are many out there - in the exec, amongst regular members and in the wider Pinkie circle - who go out of their way to try to make things better for their fellow Pink Singers. It may be supporting a sectional social, bringing food to an after show brunch, welcoming new members, singing in the small group or making music.

Sure, occasionally it gets taken the wrong way or the implementation may not be 100% according to protocol, but no-one has to do it or expects appreciation for their efforts, yet they do it anyway.

So, I'm glad that I'm in a group where people want to contribute, rather than feel they ought to. It is one of our greatest strengths and something to nurture.

I appreciate it.

No, I am not drunk, but it is late and I'm starting to babble. Good night!

P.S. Cheesy hands clasped picture taken from some mental health trust. Apologies. I couldn't find a big enough version of the Nokia logo.

No comments: