Wednesday 28 February 2007

A Dignified Response

I have a rather embarassing confession to make.

I am a bit of a Trekkie.

Sure it is not as bad as having crabs or a third nipple, but it ain't pretty either. I blame the fact that in university Star Trek Enterprise and then Voyager were shown in quick succession every afternoon, so I was subliminally brainwashed into this current state of dependency.

As I recall some of the girls in the choir had a Babylon 5 fetish not that long ago, and I can see Captain Janeway as a bit of a woman's woman, so perhaps I am not alone on this one.

Anyway, one of my fave characters from the original series was Sulu who was the worker ant to Kirk's queen. George Takei, the actor who plays him, recently came out (you go girl!) and I am pleased to see that he is taking some of the activism side of things tongue-in-cheek.

No comments: