Friday 23 November 2007

Bearfaced Cheek!

On Tuesday Liang and I went down to the Terracotta Army exhibition currently showing at the British Museum. Really impressive stuff and well worth seeing. However, my rather frivolous take home message was that most of the warriors from over 2,000 years ago have exactly the same facial hair pattern as me: try as I might I simply cannot grow a beard.

My current beard-jealousy stems from being surrounded by such lovely growths on the faces of my friends John and Celso. Hell, last week Simon showed up at my flat with a week of hair growth and looked damn fine. I can see how such hirstutism can become a bit of a fetish, and even Vogue says that beards are back.

Unfortunately I am blessed/cursed with an almost pathological alopecia so whatever the vagaries of fashion I have just one look. Sigh...

No comments: