Monday 19 November 2007

The Stalker Song

I realise I am bit of a roll post-wise today, but I promised Simon that I would blog about the new Shayne Ward song, Breathless. We were watching X-factor last week when Mr. Ward came on just before the results to plug his latest single. Now there is no denying that this guy has a great voice and is good-looking to boot, and the song itself is beautifully composed and really rather sweet.

But, and this is a big "but", I still refer to it as the "Stalker Song" because of the truly horrendous lyrics. Perhaps I am a bit cynical, but who can see the romance in a phrases like,

And If we had babies they would look like you,
It'd be so beautiful if that came true.

Or, even more nausea-inducing,

And if we had babies they would have your eyes,
I'd fall deeper watching you give life.

This all-too-readily calls to mind imagery which involves an operating theatre, a speculum, a lot of wet towels and an awful mess.

Plus, if someone told you that they really hope your babies look like you and that they'd enjoy watching you deliver them, isn't it kinda creepy? I mean, like 200-yard-restraining order creepy?

No comments: