Tuesday 13 November 2007

Oh Agatha!

I went for a run, as will hopefully now be usual, with the Front Runners last night. My running is improving very gradually, and I have been also slowly getting to know some of the other members. At present I tend to run on the Monday and the Saturday, with the odd Wednesday thrown in if I can fit it in. The difficulty in getting to know people is that there tends to be about forty or so members at a shot, which can be quite daunting, and the same runners aren't there from week to week, which can make any attempts at getting to know someone futile.

That said, I have made some really interesting friends. On the Saturday I go for a run with Robert, who is my pacer since he runs ever so slightly quicker than I, and I also get on fabulously with a guy called Ingo. So much so in fact that people have asked me whether I knew him from before. No, actually we just met, but he has a great sense of humour with which I have a great affinity.

Last night, I ended up going out for a meal with Martin, Dylan, Tian Peng and John, all of whom are also really nice people. Ordinarily we go to a pub round the corner for dinner after the run, but since the chilli I had there the last time tasted like a reheated ready-meal, and I paid twice what it was worth, we decided to be a bit more adventurous and went to an Italian just opposite Lambeth North tube.

The waitress there was a very excitable woman called Agatha. She kept on saying how she loved us, and never had so many "muscley boys" at her table before. If we'd stayed on she would have introduced us to her colleague who also "likes the boys". Oh the irony! I am definitely not muscular at all, and neither, dare I say it, are Martin or Dylan - no offense, but they are built for speed not for bulkiness. In fact the two most shapely, if you can call it that, are John and Tian Peng. But then again neither are obsessive about it either. So perhaps her standards are low, at least on the gay scale, I can't speak for straights! Nevertheless I do appreciate the unsolicited compliment.

Anyway, I had a very pleasant, albeit hefty, meal and spent most of the evening flirting with Agatha, with her flirting back! Oh, it was fun. Not sure I can eat there every Monday though...

P.S. The original caption for this picture was that Arnie had pecs bigger than his head. This is both revolting, yet strangely appealing at the same time...

No comments: