Sunday 4 March 2007

A New Laptop

I've been having a look at a new laptop, not for myself - heaven knows I have enough computing gadgetry to last a lifetime - but for Michael.

This is a great thing for the choir, because the rehearsal tracks can be produced much more easily, which hopefully means less labour for the already overworked Michael, and quicker access to music for the rest of us.

Anyway, although I have some knowledge of the bits which make up a modern computer, my experience with midi keyboards, composition software and other music related paraphenalia is nigh on negligible. It is one thing to recognise brands like Fujitsu, Dell and Toshiba, aqnd quite another to have to deal with Korg or Motu.

Thankfully, with Liang's help, I now have an idea of how everything connects up. Hopefully we'll see the fruits of this soon!

No comments: