Wednesday 28 March 2007

We Came, We Sang, We Were Deafened!

This is my first late night post, but I thought I'd strike while the iron is still hot! I have just got back from Camden where the Pinkies were performing choral backup to Anthony's song Look Up At The Stars. The song itself is very touching and the choral arrangement, by Zara Nunn, really is beautiful. We have been rehearsing it for the last few weeks, but it is quite different when there is a band involved. First of all, I doubt any of us were aware of just how loudly Paleday were going to be amped. I could barely hear myself sing, and to be honest, if we missed a cue here and there no one could have noticed. That said, we weren't centre stage this time; singing backup, and a pop backup at that, was a challenging experience for me at least.

We were supposed to be playing incognito, then spin around at the last minute to surprise the audience. I was slightly worried about how we were to make our way to the stage, but to be honest, we had already staked our places at the front and were boogie-ing away like crazy.

I don't think anyone was surprised when we came in, but I totally enjoyed it, and so too did the audience. At the end when we raised our right arm on the last word "Shine!" I swear one of the guys who was dancing quite vigorously in front of us very nearly hugged Mel. Moving stuff.

I asked Debs along to the show, and she really loved the song, although I think she actually preferred all the disco stuff a lot more - this coming from a woman who lives and breathes U2. We snuck off after the performance for a bit of sushi back near Leicester Square, but in the end had Thai instead.

No comments: