Monday 19 March 2007

Suomen Tasavalta

Woo hoo! Had some really good news today - the Pinkies are heading to Finland for a concert with Out 'n Loud. It is a big relief, because there was a worry that we wouldn't have an overseas trip this year. Thankfully, Nathalina's been hard at work, and she met with the Helsinki-based choir last week and we have sorted out a tentative date in September.

If you've been following the saga, you'll know that we were supposed to be going to Paris as the guests of the zany Equivox. Unfortunately, the venue fell through at the last minute, which has left us a little in the lurch. One of the highlights every year is our joint trip away to some European city. Last year's trip to Copenhagen, hosted by the wonderful and ever so gracious Carmen Curlers, just left us wanting more!

Apart from Linus Torvalds, I must say that my knowledge of Finland is minimal, but I guess I now have six months to brush up on the language and culture. It looks like Out 'n Loud have a single out with two songs: Var är min midja (Where Is My Waistline?) and Shoppaileen (I'm Going Shopping). My first words in Finnish, strangely useful.

No comments: